Most of us feel the desire to participate and do something for our veterans on veterans day. However, many of us do not know where to begin.
Military.com had a great article of 8 ways to participate in Veterans day 2017! You can do this on Veterans day itself or any day of the year! Below is summary of the 8 items within their article. You can view the full write up by clicking military.com.
1. Show Up - Attend a Veterans Day event in your area
2. Donate - To get a few ideas for donations, you can check out this page.
3. Fly a flag - Veterans Day is a great opportunity to fly the flag! Check out Military.com's guide to the flag.
4. Ask someone about their service - It seems like we all know someone who has served and Veterans Day is a great time to ask them about their service. Sometimes you don't have to say anything, just listen and give them your full attention.
5. Write - If you know a veteran, write a simple postcard or e-card that recognizes them on Veterans Day.
6. Don't Confuse Veterans Day with Memorial Day - Veterans Day is a time to thank those who are serving or have served and are still with us. Memorial Day is to reflect and remember those who lost their lives in service to their country.
7. Visit a VA Hospital - Many VA facilities will have events on Veterans Day or a special lunch you can help prepare.
8. Get Outdoors with a Veteran - Invite a veteran or a military family to explore a national park -- admission is free for all visitors on Veterans Day.
Get Started Today!
Call us 800.262.1735
or fill out the form below to have a
Our Benefits Evaluation form below, will give us information so that we can determine whether you can get VA Benefits
Fill out the below so that we can determine whether you can get any VA Benefits